Sunday, April 17, 2011

Déjà vu in the Serengeti


After Ngorongoro crater, we traveled to the Serengeti, aka the setting of the Lion King. Basically, my life has come full circle (get it?? hahah The circle of life...) from my childhood, from watching the lion king on my television to going to the birth place of Simba.
The Serengeti was definitely special, but not because of the animals (they were the same old lions, zebras, etc... hahah I'm being obnoxious on purpose), but, really, it was special because of the hotel that I stayed at with my parents. 


A nice view at breakfast....
It was a day like any other. I was showering - my dad was using the internet. He had come back to the hotel room to use the bathroom but since I was using it, my mother sent him off to find an alternative place. 


So I'm peacefully showering when all of a sudden, in the reflection on the glass of the shower, I saw an ENTIRE HERD of elephants cross in front of our balcony. I obviously got really excited and started shouting from the bathroom to my mother to look at outside!


She couldn’t figure out how to open door without my dad's help sooooo there she was shouting to open the door so I ran out of the shower, (tracking soap and water everywhere) to open the balcony door and snap some pics of my mom with the elephants.
Thinking that my dad missed out on the whole experience, my mother and I laughed to ourselves, only to have him come back and tell us that he saw ALL THESE ELEPHANTS DRINKING FROM THE WATERING HOLE right by the swimming pool…(which is something I HAVE YET TO SEE.)
My mom with the elephants outside out room!
Anyways. Check out the hotel. It's beautiful..and probably Russian owned. The best part is that they didn’t try to be fake by planting totally outrageous things that would usually NEVER grow, like GRASS (like at one of the other hotels we stayed at).  The Serengeti landscape was made into the feature point by the hotel and it was very well done. Propzzz.

1 comment :

Comments (Disqus)